Navel Piercing Aftercare:
- Clean your piercing once a day, preferably at the end of your shower, wash your hands with soap to start
- Use a mild, unscented soap and gently wash the area around your piercing
- DO NOT TWIST OR TURN YOUR JEWELLERY OR TRY TO GET SOAP INSIDE IT
- Take a few extra minutes to let the warm water run over your piercing, allowing soap and debris to be washed away
- Dry the area gently with a tissue or clean square of toilet paper once you get out of the shower
- If there are any visible crusties on the outside of your piercing, gently wipe them off with a tissue or a fresh square of toilet paper (NOT a q-tip, the cotton fibres get wrapped around the jewelry)
- If the crusties don't come off easily, leave them alone and try again tomorrow
- Stay out of lakes, hot tubs, saunas, etc. for at least three to four weeks
- Make sure to consult your piercer before changing or removing your jewellery
THINGS TO AVOID:
- Avoid touching your piercing or the surrounding area except to clean it in the shower
- Avoid leaning on counters or desks if it puts pressure on your navel piercing
- Do not use Q-tips; the cotton fibres are strong and can easily get wrapped around your jewellery, causing irritation & making a perfect place for debris to collect
- Do not use rubbing alcohol, peroxide, antibiotic ointments/creams, ear piercing solution, bactine spray, etc. - all these products are for external use only, which means keep away from your piercing)
- Avoid other people's bodily fluids - their germs are different than yours
- Avoid any weird healing methods your friends may have used - please ask us first!
TIPS & TRICKS!
- If you go to a public gym, wear a workout top that covers your torso so your piercing won't come into contact with gym equipment
- Keep all cosmetic products away from the area surrounding your fresh piercing including lotions, make-up, hairspray, cologne, perfume, gel, body spray, etc.
- Change your bed sheets and pillowcases more frequently while healing
- Be sure to check and, if necessary, tighten any threaded beads/disks/ends/gems on your jewellery on a regular basis, with clean hands of course! (righty tighty, lefty loosey)
- Personal hygiene plays a huge role in promoting good healing, so wash your hair and body on a regular basis
- General good health will help a lot with healing your piercing; get a good night's sleep, eat healthy, drink lots of water, etc.
The better you adhere to these guidelines and listen to what your body has to say, the better you should heal. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to CALL US! We will be able to provide you with the right information regarding your modification!