Nostril Piercing Aftercare:
- Clean your piercing once a day, preferably at the end of your shower; wash your hands with soap to start
- Use a mild, unscented soap and gently wash the area around the outside of your piercing
- DO NOT TWIST OR TURN YOUR JEWELLERY OR TRY TO GET SOAP INSIDE THE PIERCING
- Take a few extra minutes to let the warm water run over your piercing, allowing soap and debris to be washed away
- If you are wearing a ring the only time to move or rotate the ring is to spin the bead to the inside while in the shower if it has become visible
- Dry the area gently with a clean towel when you get out of the shower
- If there are any visible crusties on the outside of your piercing, gently wipe them off with a tissue or a fresh square of toilet paper (NOT a q-tip, the cotton fibres get wrapped around the jewelry)
- If the crusties don't come off easily, leave them alone and try again tomorrow
- Stay out of lakes, hot tubs, saunas, etc. for at least three to four weeks
- Make sure to consult your piercer before changing or removing your jewellery
THINGS TO AVOID:
- Avoid touching your piercing or the surrounding area except to clean it in the shower
- Avoid sleeping on your fresh piercing; this is going to make it stay sore longer, and may cause it to migrate (move away from where it was originally pierced)
- Do not use Q-tips; the cotton fibres are strong and can easily get wrapped around your jewellery, causing irritation & making a perfect place for debris to collect
- Do not use rubbing alcohol, peroxide, antibiotic ointments/creams, ear piercing solution, bactine spray, etc. - all these products are for external use only, which means keep away from your piercing)
- Avoid other people's bodily fluids - their germs are different than yours
- Avoid any weird healing methods your friends may have used - please ask us first!
TIPS & TRICKS!
- If you are wearing a nostril screw, it can potentially be adjusted as early as three to four weeks, please call for an appointment
- Keep all cosmetic products away from the area surrounding your fresh piercing including lotions, make-up, hairspray, cologne, perfume, gel, body spray, etc.
- Change your bed sheets and pillowcases more frequently while healing
- If you are wearing a captive bead ring in your nostril piercing, you may switch to a seam ring (without a bead) as early as six to eight weeks
- If you are wearing a nostril screw and would like to switch to a ring, you will need to wait a minimum of three months
- Personal hygiene plays a huge role in promoting good healing, so wash your hair and body on a regular basis
- General good health will help a lot with healing your piercing; get a good night's sleep, eat healthy, drink lots of water, etc.
The better you adhere to these guidelines and listen to what your body has to say, the better you should heal. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to CALL US! We will be able to provide you with the right information regarding your modification!