Septum Piercing Aftercare:
- Clean your piercing once a day, preferably at the end of your shower, wash your hands with soap to start
- Use a mild, unscented soap and gently wash the area surrounding your piercing
- DO NOT TWIST OR TURN YOUR JEWELLERY OR TRY TO GET SOAP INSIDE THE PIERCING
- Exhale through your nose while you allow warm water run across your nose/lower lip area, allowing soap and debris to be washed away from your piercing
- Dry the area gently with a tissue or fresh square of toilet paper when you get out of the shower
- If there are any visible crusties on the outside of your piercing, gently wipe them off with a tissue or a fresh square of toilet paper (NOT a q-tip, the cotton fibres get wrapped around the jewelry)
- If the crusties don't come off easily, leave them alone and try again tomorrow
- Stay out of lakes, hot tubs, saunas, etc. for at least three to four weeks
- You can start flipping your septum retainer down once the piercing is about a month old, but be sure to move it up/down while in the shower
- Make sure to consult your piercer before changing or removing your jewellery
THINGS TO AVOID:
- Avoid touching your piercing or the surrounding area except to clean it in the shower
- Do not use Q-tips; the cotton fibres are strong and can easily get wrapped around your jewellery, causing irritation & making a perfect place for debris to collect
- Do not use rubbing alcohol, peroxide, antibiotic ointments/creams, ear piercing solution, bactine spray, etc. - all these products are for external use only, which means keep away from your piercing)
- Avoid other people's bodily fluids - their germs are different than yours
- Avoid any weird healing methods your friends may have used - please ask us first!
TIPS & TRICKS!
- Keep all cosmetic products away from the area surrounding your fresh piercing including lotions, bbcream, make-up, hairspray, cologne, perfume, gel, body spray, etc.
- Change your bed sheets and pillowcases more frequently while healing
- Personal hygiene plays a huge role in promoting good healing, so wash your hair and body on a regular basis
- General good health will help a lot with healing your piercing; get a good night's sleep, eat healthy, drink lots of water, etc.
The better you adhere to these guidelines and listen to what your body has to say, the better you should heal. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to CALL US! We will be able to provide you with the right information regarding your modification!